Civilization IV Gog Edition

Trying to run Civilization IV GOG edition and it seems like its loading up but then that window that comes up that looks like its loading everything just closes and nothing happens after that, I have tried every version of proton.

I am thinking it may be that I need to install MSXML4, Which I have tried to do using protontricks

The msxml4 sp3 parser installer comes up and I get to the point where I click install but then it says MSXML 4 SP3 Parser setup ended prematurly

Here is the error that comes up in the terminal:

0294:err:msi:extract_cabinet_stream FDICopy failed
0294:err:msi:ACTION_InstallFiles Failed to extract cabinet: L"#XML_Core.cab"
0294:err:msi:execute_script Execution of script 0 halted; action L"InstallFiles" returned 1603
0294:err:msi:ITERATE_Actions Execution halted, action L"InstallFinalize" returned 1603
0294:fixme:msi:internal_ui_handler internal UI not implemented for message 0x0b000000 (UI level = 5)
0294:fixme:msi:internal_ui_handler internal UI not implemented for message 0x0b000000 (UI level = 5)
0294:err:msi:ITERATE_Actions Execution halted, action L"ExecuteAction" returned 1603

Does anyone know how to sucessfully install MSXML4 in proton/wine? Or how to get Civ 4 to run in proton or wine.

I figured out what the problem was, I did not have lib32-nvidia-utils installed, after installing that the game loads perfectly.

1 Like