Chromium update wrong window size

Just got another update to chromium. maybe that fixes it for you?

1 Like

My mirror didn’t receive that yet, will be testing as soon as it updates

[2021-10-20T12:19:46-0400] [ALPM] upgraded chromium (95.0.4638.54-1 → 95.0.4638.54-2)

1 Like

Unfortunately I won’t be able to test anymore… I’ll be reinstalling everything from scratch, now using gnome+wayland

My new rig parts just arrived, I have been searching in the used market for a long time now, maybe 2 months, got a very good price and just couldn’t resist…

Asus b550-f gaming - new, I really wanted the intel 2.5 nic and the audio quality (case doesn’t have USB-C header so that wasn’t a problem).
Ryzen 5600x - used - I guess someone bought it and didn’t like the performance?
2x8 gb ddr4 3200 cl-16 - new
rx 6600 xt - used - I guess someone bought it and didn’t like the performance?

I’ll be using the same NZXT case, PSU and hard drives…

Found a buyer for my old parts (cpu, cpu-cooler h212 evo, ram, mobo and RAM) and got a pretty good money for it, advertised as a Kit Gamer, just one thing that I still need to sell is my GPU, but I know that I’ll sell it fast.

Happy to build an entire AMD system for the 1st time, let’s see whats going to happen, hope it doesn’t explode ehhehe

2 Likes

Now you’ll be on amdgpu…better install Plasma KDE on it as it we work fantastic! :wink:

1 Like

Installed the hardware and Windows (will be using it for games).

What a big GPU, and the LEDs, my room now looks like a submarine movie hehehe, next step is learn how to shut these LEDs down…

2 Likes

I have the same problem with Chromium when I maximize, and I use XFCE, I guess it is only with XFCE. I am using Chromium 95.0.4638.54-2.

1 Like

I tried Cinnamon and GNOME and the problem went away. It only seems to affect Xfce for me.

I use chromium and i don’t have the issue on KDE, Xfce or Cinnamon.

Confirmed, when minimized/maximized on Xfce the problem is still there.

I’m having this too

I’m having the same problem on Xubuntu (Xfce)

Captura de pantalla_2021-10-22_10-16-13

2 Likes

Yes, I have the same problem.

Does the same thing happen with and without “Use system titlebar and borders” ?

Just tried that - yes it still happens even when “Use system titlebar and borders” is ticked. Also, problem is not arch or endeavour specific - just booted up a live usb of MX Linux 21 and the problem is exactly the same on MX.

1 Like

It happens in both Chromium and Google Chrome in the XFCE desktop environment

1 Like

Hasn’t happened to me on 5 different desktops and 3 different machines. :man_shrugging:

Thats interesting. I wonder what the common denominator is that triggers this behavior ? I’m not new to linux but this is the first time I have come across this. But thank you for trying to reproduce it.

Just for information - all my machines are running intel integrated video, I have tried with the xf86-video-intel and modesetting drivers, no difference.

I have Ryzen on a few machines and Nvidia on another with Intel HD graphics but not using it, only the dedicated graphics.