ChatGPT as Gnome extension

Those who like to experiment with ChatGPT can now do so directly from the GNOME shell. A corresponding project has been started on GitHub, which is only a few days old and therefore still in the early stages of development. The extension sits as a simple web app as an icon in the menu bar and folds down from there with a mouse click.

4 Likes

Nice! ChatKPT …

:thought_balloon:

1 Like

i myself do not use gnome but found the article worth sharing :wink:

1 Like

I don’t have any account on OpenAI, but here is the extension on my panel:

Unfortunately, it doesn’t work on Waylamd seesion on my end. I tried it several times and it crashed the whole session every time. Looking at the Github page, It looks like it is a known issue.

Also it seems that there might be some plans for integration with other DEs as well.

Thanks for sharing! Interesting!
:speech_balloon:

@RoboGnome :ballot_box_with_check:

1 Like

this sounds very interesting. is an early phase of development as described on the page, everything can not yet work
someday there will be a KDE extension. until then i try to get a chatgpt account

1 Like

with pleasure!

1 Like

Me too. I have been quite keen on making an account on OpenAI lately.
I’m going through somewhat of existential rough times now, so perhaps an AI could give me some “clue” as to what is going on with me. People can’t :sweat_smile:

1 Like

A Hungarian mother wrote fairy tales to her child using ChatGPT. :slight_smile: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/experiment-lets-write-fairy-tale-book-artificial-few-nora-bereczki

1 Like

i am afraid people have great problems to deal with others what is not known to them.

i have to live with an anxiety and panic disorder. people couldn’t help me. therapists could.but all in all i had to learn what was going on with me and what was very difficult for me. In the meantime, I can deal with it well. that was not an insignificant amount of work in the last 10 years.

1 Like

chatGPT said:
I’m sorry to hear that you’re going through a difficult time. It’s normal to experience feelings of uncertainty and confusion during difficult times. However, as a language model AI, I do not have the ability to provide a personal analysis of your situation or feelings.

It’s important to remember that everyone experiences difficult times in their own unique way. There is no one-size-fits-all solution to dealing with these feelings. However, seeking help and support can be a good step in addressing your concerns.

You may consider talking to a therapist or counselor, who can help you process and understand your feelings. They can also provide you with coping strategies and tools to help you navigate through this difficult time. Additionally, talking with friends, family or a support group can also be helpful in coping with your feelings.

It’s also worth considering taking care of yourself both physically and mentally, by eating well, getting enough sleep, and engaging in activities that you enjoy or that make you feel good. Remember that it’s okay to take the time you need to heal and take care of yourself.

Please keep in mind that your mental health and well-being is important, and don’t hesitate to reach out for help if needed.

2 Likes

That was nice!
Sounds quite like a friend of mine :grinning:
I guess this might be the beginning of a nice relationship between me and GPT :wink:
Need to be getting an account rather soon!
And perhaps bite the bullet and use my RoboGnome on Xorg :unamused:

If you don’t know, you don’t NEED the extension. Make a login here:

and use chatGPT in the browser

1 Like

Fortunately, I got an account earlier, and I leave it open on a tab as I work. It just wrote a web design contract for me and located a bug in a Gnome extension. Very useful counselor.

2 Likes

The link isnt working for me. Can I find this extension in extensions.gnome?

check https://github.com/HorrorPills/ChatGPT-Gnome-Desktop-Extension