Changing WM

:slight_smile: Thanks, I apreciate! But doing things like this makes possible to know a little better how the system is configured and how/what I can do for get my own improvement. It’s the logic behind Linux, that’s the great part!
Anyway, I have to admit that I use linux only for a year by now and I am not an expert yet. But I’m a curious person and customization like a simple compositor/windows manager makes me possible to check better all the stuff I need while I explore the system, reading docs, coding, and other things. Personally, I thinks that any distros would have more than one windows manager, just for improving the workflow. Basically different wm does the same things; the difference is in the customization. Someone say that xnomad is one of the best choices for customizing settings.
I will try that one too… if I will be able to change in the config file :slight_smile:

Well, I don’t know about XMONAD (not a fan). If you wish to tinker around best thing is to use virtual machines. If you break anything you still have a working computer. Practice or test in a VM. When you’re satisfied do those things to your real system. It’ll minimize the risk.

1 Like

this one is best if you want it up to date ?

It’s the best if you want “the most current” version of Bismuth. It’s pulling directly from GitHub and the main branch, so there could be bugs still. If you want stable, use kwin-bismuth instead.
I’m using kwin-bismuth-git and have since I installed EOS without any major problems. It’ll probably work just fine for you as well, but YMMV.

1 Like

Installed few days ago and I can say that is stable under wayland too.

Same here… is it possible to tweak bismuth ? :slight_smile:

There are different settings available that will show up in the KDE System Settings menu. If you really wanted to go wild, I’m sure there’s config files somewhere you can change.

1 Like