Change systems icon

Hello everyone!

As the title says, i want to change some icons that can’t change because the icon theme I’m using doesn’t have the Endeavouros icons on it, so i created them. Thing is that I’m not sure how i can make it, i want to change their icons on the panel and on the plank dock.
The icons i want to change are these:
akm
Configure EOS Update Notifier
EndeavourOS log tool
Reflector Simple
UpdateInTerminal
Welcome

Here screenshots about what I’m referring to
Panel
and here on the plank dock
Panel2

And here the icons i made for my icons theme (btw, what do you think of them:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:?):
EOS

Please, if someone could guide me.
Thanks!

afaik all EndeavourOS apps using the same icon from /usr/share/endeavouros/ directory…

2 Likes

oks, i understood. But i think this is not a problem of just rename the icon i want and then delete that from the directory =(.
Is not about going directly to the Welcome app, akm app, looking for a file and then make them use my icon?

Thanks for your answer by the way =).

Hi all!

I could manage to change them. All i have to do is moved my custom icons to the directory said by joekamprad, and then looking for those application on the root folder which is:
/usr/share/applications

Finally just change the icons. To be honest i thought it would be more difficult as i thought those apps weren’t apps itself (with is own localizable icons, .desktop files en everything)

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.