Can't remove a package

Well that is the file. So as i pointed out recreate it. I have no idea whether it will solve your issue but you can try it.

“sudo snapper -c root create-config /
[sudo] password for test:
Creating config failed (creating btrfs subvolume .snapshots failed since it already exists).”

What did you originally name the config when you created it?

Edit: Just add the name to the file and see if that works. Put the name between the quotes.

it was configs as I testing form arch wiki

“sudo snapper -c configs create-config /
Creating config failed (creating btrfs subvolume .snapshots failed since it already exists).”

I can only tell you this. You probably have to delete the original btrfs subvolume you created because when you create the config it creates this.

You misunderstand the wiki.

• Add config to SNAPPER_CONFIGS in /etc/conf.d/snapper.

For example, to create a configuration file for the subvolume mounted at /, run:

# snapper -c root create-config / 

What the wiki is telling you to do is create a config /etc/conf.d/snapper. They give you an example. The command they give you creates a config named root.

I am not an expert at the btrfs setup. I have set it up a number of ways because there is many ways to do things. I’m sure you’ll have to remove the one you made in order create another. But if it’s already there then you should be able to just recreate the file you deleted and i would use root as the name.

Edit: If it doesn’t work then someone else will have to help you but we would need a lot more info such as.

sudo btrfs subvolume list /

I have deleted /.snapshots and then snapper -c root create-config / worked
This is the point where I wrongly created the config file in place of root that leads to disaster
Thanks a lot

2 Likes

Trust me it’s hard to understand. :wink:

tnx

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.