Can't get installed properly

I’ve been trying to install eos for hours now, it has taken me longer than arch itself did.

First pacstrap wouldn’t work so updated the archlinux-keyring, now it will complete the installation process but no systemd bootloader - just boots me right into windows. No efi record made either as even through my firmware interface I can only see the windows boot manager.

Any ideas on what I’m doing wrong?

No. More info is needed.

How are you installing?

Manuel or automatic?

systemd-boot requires an ESP of the size 1GB, FAT32, flagged boot and mounted at /efi.

Provide Installer Logs (calamares ISO LiveSession):

While you are still on the ISO LiveSession logs are stored inside liveuser’s home:

/home/liveuser/endeavour-install.log

You can open with texteditor or from filebrowser… or send via tools (needs internet connection):

cat ~/endeavour-install.log | eos-sendlog

you can simply share the short URL it produces inside a terminal.

on installed system the log from install process is stored under:

/var/log/endeavour-install.log you can also send it but needs admin to read:

sudo cat /var/log/endeavour-install.log | eos-sendlog

In addition you can use the log gui tool from EndeavbourOS:

Installing through the online installer, default settings, overwriting an empty partition on the same disk as my windows partition, nix had no problem with using the windows EFI partition.

I don’t have logs right now as I’ve given up for the time being and am busy but will send later.

1 Like

If choosing systemd-boot, the kernels will be stored on the ESP.

Since Windows’ ESP is too small for this purpose, a new larger ESP is needed.

If you were installing on an unallocated space, try formatting it before launching the installer.

The format (EXT4 or Btrfs) shouldn’t matter at this stage.

Later on, when you launch the installer, choose replace partition option and also the filesystem you prefer.

If it fails again, please post the install log as described in my previous post.

5 Likes

I can assure you that I have not participated in this particular install. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Success!! Really strange because I had tried manual partitioning last night and it didn’t work. Probably should’ve checked efibootmgr to see if it had correctly set up the boot record.

Thank you, was probably just a silly tired mistake haha

1 Like

Yes, details can be easily overlooked specially when one is tired.

Glad you were able to get it installed! Enjoy your system!

:enos: :wave:t5:

1 Like

Please take it as a token of appreciation :slightly_smiling_face:

Also, I would think that you deserve to have an install option named after you with your preferences :blush:

1 Like

Have been distro hopping since I did like arch (especially for development compared to windows) but wanted to explore, so far so good though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.