Can't connect to various sites

Over the last week or so, I have been having issues with connecting to various websites, especially those that require logins (luckily, this one works). However, I am unable to login to my mail, view videos on Youtube, login to Amazon and a lot of other pages don’t work.

I am not sure if it was an update that did it, or the fact that I had to change my router. Not really sure where to start looking. Other computers hooked up through the same connection seem to be fine, so I don’t think it is the router/wifi. I have Nordvpn, but am also running that on another computer and phones that seem to be fine. I am using Firefox.

Not sure where to start looking.

Thanks

Have you tried disabling your add-ons?

Also, any chance you made your cookie-blocking settings too aggressive?

2 Likes

Create a new profile and see if the issue persists. If not then @dalto is right, probably addon or config settings causing issue.

Launch Firefox with Firefox --ProfileManager and create a new one there. Then relaunch again with same command and choose your new profile.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Thank you all for your help. After disabling all my extensions and checking settings in Firefox, I realized that Steam also wouldn’t connect, further leading me to believe it was my internet setup. I was able to revert it back to how I had it before and everything seems to work.

Thanks again!