Can't chroot - can't repair grub - can't boot - messed up big time BTRFSonLUKS timeshift dual boot

i’ll just have to rtfm and learn how to do that then.

i can’t agree more… i set it up like that for the (bad?) reason that it was (and still is) my very first time using btrfs file system and i followed @2000 guide, by laziness and lack of time… I realize i had done it from scratch it might actually have saved me some time in the long run as i would have known a bit more where i stood. (and i still don’t ^^)

when i first set it up (if i’m correct) it should have been sda2 > /boot/efi, sda5 > /boot, both unencrypted, and sda6 > / encrypted

Also, I might have rebuild the initrams in sda5 by mistake when i started to “investigate” the resume: no device specified for hibernation error… but i think it might even be a separate “problem” than the restoration of those snapshots that where pointing to different point in time than they should’ve (i dunno, again, the result of $ cat /proc/cmdline BOOT_IMAGE= was pointing to a snapshot before i started all this, kind of like that)

Most of my data looks fine, even the ones after the date of the snapshot we restored (which was one of the point of @2000 tutorial i guess). My last programs (thunderbird :cry: ) are gone, and all the tweaks i did before messing up (i created one of my only manual snapshot at that occasion cause i was so happy with my perfect config… so long…)
Well, i think it is probably the best idea to reinstall, it would have save me (and you!!) some time i think. On the bright side, i do learn a lot and comprehend a little bit more as @ricklinux and yoda pointed out.

Wel… reinstalling the way might be…