Cant boot to old primary partiton

Hi guys sorry for any lack of knowledge here I am quite the noob. Today my main partition disappeared from my boot options. I booted from a live cd and it was still there but couldn’t be seen by grub and the bios I tried chroot in the live cd but didn’t work I then install a new endeavor os partition in the hopes of ether fixing the original or cloning the orginal

. I have managed to run the command to fix the boot config on my original partition which now makes it show up in the bios but now it fails to start the load kernel modules and fails to mount boot/efi and fails the dependency for local file systems

when looking it up online I don’t really understand what to do
Can anyone help ether to clone my old partition or to fix it thanks so much in advance?

Hello @tomcrew10
Unfortunately just explaining the problem isn’t very helpful to be able to fix it without seeing more information.

Are you able to boot on the live ISO and run

sudo fdisk -l

Copy & paste the result here with code tags.

Also can you provide the link for your hardware

inxi -Faz --no-host | eos-sendlog

Edit: I’m a little concerned about this as i don’t know what you have done?

I have managed to run the command to fix the boot config on my original partition which now makes it show up in the bios but now it fails to start the load kernel modules and fails to mount boot/efi and fails the dependency for local file systems :thinking:

So I was being super dumb in this as my original endeavor install never showed up in the boot menu for the new install it was just the same partition. I have actually managed to boot into my original partition now through using super grub tools and the endeavour live boot to fix my config and fsda file. The only issue I am stuck with now is I can’t install grub I have used pacman - S to install it and yay for grub customiser but still I cant get grub to work is there a specific way to install it

Grub customizer can just lead to problems. To reinstall grub you have to arch-chroot into the installed system to fix it. Please read the information carefully as there are things on here that are or aren’t relevant to your particular setup. Most likely you just need the bottom part of the page.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.