Cannot launch plasma session after update

self explanatory, after doing a system upgrade i am unable to launch plasma at startup (x11 or wayland) and instead just get kicked back to the login screen after entering my password. trying to launch any kde app from a terminal also doesnt work and gives this error;

[albert-softie@albert-softie-endeavouros ~]$ kate
kate: error while loading shared libraries: libKF6BreezeIcons.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

It looks to me like a partial update. Do you have anything IgnorePkg or IgnoreGroup in /etc/pacman.conf?

If you do, remove those and update again.

If not, try connecting to a different mirror by commenting out the first mirror in /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist and doing another update.

nevermind i literally just figured it out
turns out for some reason my system was using breeze-icons-git from the AUR (which appears to be somewhere around 8 months out of date) instead of the standard breeze-icons package. no idea how that happened or how it didnt cause any problems until now but at least i got it sorted. thanks anyways

3 Likes

KDE has become so finicky since taking a page out of Gnome’s book… :roll_eyes:

Probably gonna be another year before it settles fully.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.