Can screenfetch be easily uninstalled?

Unfortunately, screenfetch does not let you uncheck the online installation of Xfce. Neofetch is the better choice for me. Can I remove screenfetch sudo pacman -Rns screenfetch without any problems or does it involve anything?

I uninstalled it from my Xfce without any problems!

2 Likes

Yes use:

yay -R screenfetch

3 Likes

what does that mean?

1 Like

Now that you pointed that out I’m curious as well.

@joekamprad: During the online installation some programs can be unselected. Screenfetch is not included. This is meant.

Ok… I got it too without my knowledge.

yay -R screenfetch it is. :slight_smile:

Edit: Not that it’s a big and beefy thing, but there’s no point in having Neofetch AND Screenfetch installed.

4 Likes

this is exactly how I see it :wink:

2 Likes

screenfetch= 0,24 MiB, neofetch = 0,33 MiB
that is not taking lot of space or dependencies or security risk :wink:

5 Likes

This is not about space, that is ridiculous. Why two programs that do exactly the same thing? But never mind, I’m not messing with anybody here about that. Just asked a question and it was answered :slight_smile:

I removed it too. Unnecessary package should be removed! My opinion then!

My Xfce had 825 packages with everything I needed.

Think how much you can fit on 1MB. One of the world’s best games:

Zelda

:wink:

3 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

it is true that it is no need to have them both installed, and it seems most users prefere to use neofetch

we should remove screnfetch.

it is not in tge selection page as it is installed with default base selection before that.
I was already thin about adding packages like this to an extra list on package selection to freely choose.

6 Likes

Probably a good idea - I just shrugged and removed screenfetch. Not sure what makes one better than the other - if anything :grin:

1 Like

Lets face it they are just both screen p0rn really If you really want facts about your system then inxi does it better. People (myself guiltily included) just like seeing the pretty distro logo coming up on our screens. There, said it! :rofl:

5 Likes

Neither of them is really necessary and that doesn’t really fit into a system that wants to be minimal.

1 Like

But it does fit into a life that wants to be fun. Choices, choices. what a mad world!

3 Likes

I’d give them a bit more than that… there may not be the amount of info that inxi provides, but it is more accessible for things like screenshots! Viewers may not be interested enough to dig that deep, after all…

1 Like

Fair point :smile:

and only to make it complete you can untag screenfetch and neofetch and many more from online install already, also it is indeed marked to be installed per default:

from base package selection (first on the list)

4 Likes