Can I ignore this message?

I get this message:
2022-06-20 11_35_38-EndeavourOS KDE (BIOS) Running - Oracle VM VirtualBox

Here’s my partition layout (erase disk wasn’t available)

The 8MB partition has these flags:

Is FS “unformatted” the same as what the message wants me to do?

That’s only a suggestion.

For a Legacy/MBR install on a disk with msdos partition table you don’t need to create that partition.

That partition is needed when/if you want to do an MBR/Legacy install on a disk with Guid Partition Table (GPT). The partition then needs to be at the beginning of the disk.

1 Like

Oh. I knew it was a suggestion.

That partition is needed when/if you want to do an MBR/Legacy install on a disk with Guid Partition Table (GPT). The partition then needs to be at the beginning of the disk.

Which 11 year old me (im 13) thought was impossible since windwoes doesn’t support it.

thanks for your help.

IMO it should be made clear that it needs to be at the beginning in the next ISO release.

Also, is the FS “unformatted” the same as not formatting?

Since I’m in a VM, i can mess around. After all, im supposed to be on an Endeavour ™

Best place to mess around and test things to see how they work

Also I found that i could just “Delete” the 8MB partition after I setup my swap, root (and mounted it to /, otherwise it wouldn’t let me pass). and it would be unformatted. Yay to discovery! Yay to VMs (not the aur helper)

Also, my filthy windwoesness for the past couple months has expected warnings and errors to disappear when resolved, thats why i thought i never solved the box.

There was nothing to be solved since it was only a suggestion, but you already

and since your partition table is msdos so you just needed to click ok and go on with the rest of the install process.

1 Like

There was nothing to be solved since it was only a suggestion, but you already

By solved I meant dealt with.

and since your partition table is msdos so you just needed to click ok and go on with the rest of the install process.

Somehow when I just click OK without doing anything else with complete disregard that reminds me of my dad who used to never read message boxes lol, he’d just click ok then ask me

Son, what does this mean?

lol.

At any rates, glad you successfully dealt with the installation.

Happy Endeavouring!

:wave:t5: :rocket: :milky_way:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.