Can I add swap to EndeavourOS if I didn't create it during installation?

Hello friends.

I didn’t create the swap partition during the EOS installation, I just created “/” and installed everything there because I’m new, so I guess my EOS has no swap partition.

Is it possible to add swap now, after the install, or can it only be added before the install, when you partition, etc?

I don’t really mind formatting, thanks to EOS I can do a quick install, but I wonder if it’s possible to add it after EOS is installed.

My pc is slow in steam games, and I’m looking for a best and most accurate system/hardware monitor out there for EOS, because it is possible that I need a swap partition, but I need a program to check % usage when playing games on Steam.

My pc is an i-5 3470, nvidia gtx 1050 ti, 8gb ram.

Thanks in advance friends.

Just create a swap file see the Arch wiki:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Swap#Swap_file

4 Likes

I swap file/partition isn’t likely to make your games faster unless you keep lots of other, completely idle applications open while you run your games.

I think you should create a separate topic about your games running slow so people who are experts in those areas can help you troubleshoot. For example, ensuring you have the most appropriate drivers installed.

3 Likes

Thanks friend, I’m going to take your advice and do that!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.