Britty process takes forever to shutdown

Everytime I need to shutdown or reboot the computer, there is this Britty process that takes more than a minute before it shutsdown:

It is happening on my host machine, not guest machines for some odd reason.

And when I turn on the computer and boot into endeavour I get these error messages from Britty (though OS still works fine):

Not too sure why this happens?

Do you real need brltty? Do you have an external braille display for blind people?

If not I suggest you tell dracut do omit it. You can do that in a congfig file in /etc/dracut.conf.d.

This is what I have in /etc/dracut.conf.d/myflags.conf:

omit_dracutmodules+=" brltty resume multipath tpm2-tss "
omit_dracutmodules+=" iscsi dmraid network-wicked rngd biosdevname bootchart "
omit_dracutmodules+=" dash busybox memstrack brltty dbus-broker "
omit_dracutmodules+=" fcoe fcoe-uefi cifs nbd nfs nvmf lvm mdraid "
omit_dracutmodules+=" zfs bluetooth "
omit_dracutmodules+=" network iscsi mksh "

Do I need to run something else for dracut to take effect?

THanks for your response I will do this :slight_smile:

just one thing:

omit_dracutmodules+=" brltty resume multipath tpm2-tss " do I need all of this resume multipath tpm2-tss if I am just disablinh britty?

No, you don’t need any of that other stuff. They were just showing their config as an example.

omit_dracutmodules+=" brltty "

Note there are leading and trailing spaces inside the quotes.

You will have to rebuild your initramfs afterward as well (sudo dracut-rebuild, or just reinstall your kernels), and then the reboot after next will be on the new image.

3 Likes

Also, to the OP, make sure you spell it correctly. It’s brltty not britty, with an L. :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.