Bricked my system with nvidia-all :D

Hi there,

as 545.29.06 gave me some bad stuttering, I googled how to downgrade drivers and stumbled upon nvidia-all. I cloned the git und gave it a try with makepkg -si. I chose 545.29.02 and it worked. System booted properly and .02 drivers were installed. As stuttering was still there, I installed 545.29.06 drivers via the same script. End of the story, system did not boot anymore and got stuck (see photo). I then installed .02 again and it properly booted again. Tried that several times until I chose to install .06 via the .run file downloaded from nvidia hp. That made things worse. I was still not able to boot but could also not install .02 via script anymore as it said files are existing. So I deleted all files and tried again. Nope, still stuck in boot process. Only alt+F3 works, brining me into the console login.

Any hints on how to get my system working again besides a full reinstall?

Thx a lot!!!

first time i hear that one… so no clue if it is clean but as it is from https://github.com/Frogging-Family it should be fine…

Issue will be using the .run file but it alkso have option to uninstall you where using this before running the frogging script again?

I think I fixed it. NVIDIA-inst, which I also found, showed several packages which were conflicting. I removed all with pacman -Rc including steam and GWE. Afterwards NVIDIA-Inst installed latest drivers .06. Ah, and prior to that I deleted the nvidia folder under dkms as those also showed conflicts. What a ride :joy: