Brandnew installation - now want to add Vivaldi to it

hi there - good evening Jonathon - hello Dalto

see - the results

note: i have had to dl and verify some keys- afterwards i have had to del some things see the linked results…

look forward to hear form you
regards

Are you sure you did an online install? Are you positive you didn’t select an offline install by mistake?

You have 320 updates there and an outdated archlinux-keyring package. That is very unlikely with an online install.

If everything worked then you should be fine going forward. If you had to abort there due to the missing keys, then do this:

sudo pacman -S archlinux-keyring && sudo pacman -Syu vivaldi
1 Like

hi there - currently i run the command you gave - well i thougth that i checked (marked ) the online-install button (i guess that it was the button on the right - in the installer options )

note: while installing i have had a quick view on the clip here

EndeavourOS Installation with i3WM - The BEST Arch Distro and this guy just have shown the two options - (of course t his is a older vid and a older version of EOS . ) but as i remember i have choosen the right button

but - as mentioned above - at the moment i run you last command

well i am so happy to be in this awesome place

see what i have as output

if you want me to do a fresh install - i can do this … no problem here.,

look forward t o hear from you again - and yes: youre so awesome - many many thanks for the continued support

1 Like

That looks like a successful update to me. Those “missing firmware” messages are normal. It just means your install doesn’t support that specific hardware which is fine because it is all relatively obscure hardware.

You don’t need to reinstall.

2 Likes

many many thanks
Btw - i have to leave the office - i do more tomorrow…

many many thanks - i will respond tomorrow. Your so great - awesome :wink:

1 Like

Welcome @otrott
Another Vivaldi user here.

Michael

2 Likes