Hello, I started using endeavouros on my main pc a few months ago and I decided to install it on my school laptop last week. Both wifi and ethernet worked at the start. I installed a CA Certificate required to connecting to the internet from the school wifi and I installed the protonvpn-cli package to use on the school wifi.
After some updates connecting to any network via wifi or ethernet and opening any website on firefox started to give me this error:
We can't connect to the server at forum.endeavouros.com
Pinging a website gives me this error:
ping: kernel.org: Temporary failure in name resolution
For some reason connecting to protonvpn using the saved vpn connection made everything work normally but now the vpn no longer works and asks for a password when attempting to connect.
Network manager shows up as connected and the connections i tested work when connecting through my phone.
I think I messed something up when installing the CA Certificate and I don’t know how to reset everything network related. I’ll try to provide any logs needed via my phone. Thanks.
Here’s the inxi output:
System: Kernel: 5.17.4-arch1-1 arch: x86_64 bits: 64 Desktop: Xfce v: 4.16.0 Distro: EndeavourOS Machine: Type: Laptop System: Hewlett-Packard product: HP Notebook v: Type1ProductConfigId serial: <superuser required> Mobo: Hewlett-Packard model: 80C2 v: 96.02 serial: <superuser required> UEFI: Insyde v: F.02 date: 03/24/2015 Battery: ID-1: BAT1 charge: 8.4 Wh (24.9%) condition: 33.8/41.4 Wh (81.6%) volts: 14.5 min: 14.8 CPU: Info: dual core model: Intel Core i5-5200U bits: 64 type: MT MCP cache: L2: 512 KiB Speed (MHz): avg: 1728 min/max: 500/2700 cores: 1: 2196 2: 1121 3: 1403 4: 2195 Graphics: Device-1: Intel HD Graphics 5500 driver: i915 v: kernel Device-2: AMD Sun XT [Radeon HD 8670A/8670M/8690M / R5 M330 M430 Radeon 520 Mobile] driver: radeon v: kernel Device-3: Chicony HP Truevision HD type: USB driver: uvcvideo Display: x11 server: X.Org v: 21.1.3 with: Xwayland v: 22.1.1 driver: X: loaded: intel,radeon unloaded: modesetting gpu: i915 resolution: 1366x768~60Hz OpenGL: renderer: Mesa Intel HD Graphics 5500 (BDW GT2) v: 4.6 Mesa 22.0.2 Audio: Device-1: Intel Broadwell-U Audio driver: snd_hda_intel Device-2: Intel Wildcat Point-LP High Definition Audio driver: snd_hda_intel Sound Server-1: ALSA v: k5.17.4-arch1-1 running: yes Sound Server-2: PipeWire v: 0.3.50 running: yes Network: Device-1: Realtek RTL810xE PCI Express Fast Ethernet driver: r8169 IF: enp2s0 state: up speed: 100 Mbps duplex: full mac: 30:8d:99:c4:5b:74 Device-2: Broadcom BCM43142 802.11b/g/n driver: wl IF: wlan0 state: dormant mac: 42:88:21:75:d4:05 IF-ID-1: ipv6leakintrf0 state: unknown speed: N/A duplex: N/A mac: 12:e5:db:2b:f8:bb Bluetooth: Device-1: Broadcom BCM43142A0 Bluetooth 4.0 type: USB driver: btusb Report: rfkill ID: hci0 rfk-id: 2 state: down bt-service: disabled rfk-block: hardware: no software: yes address: see --recommends Drives: Local Storage: total: 465.76 GiB used: 27.74 GiB (6.0%) ID-1: /dev/sda vendor: HGST (Hitachi) model: HTS545050A7E680 size: 465.76 GiB Partition: ID-1: / size: 81.78 GiB used: 27.71 GiB (33.9%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda6 ID-2: /boot/efi size: 96 MiB used: 25.2 MiB (26.3%) fs: vfat dev: /dev/sda1 Swap: Alert: No swap data was found. Sensors: System Temperatures: cpu: 27.8 C pch: 31.0 C mobo: N/A gpu: radeon temp: 31.0 C Fan Speeds (RPM): N/A Info: Processes: 179 Uptime: 1h 40m Memory: 3.75 GiB used: 1.23 GiB (32.9%) Shell: Bash inxi: 3.3.15