Bluetooth devices don't stay connected

Sorry, I don’t. I have never owned a bluetooth device.

Pudge

EDIT:
Your current bluetooth device is about 6 years old. Maybe it has reached it’s end of life?

I have this one but I bought it from Aliexpress for much cheaper. They also have a bt 5.3 version now.

No worries! It’s certainly possible that it’s reached it’s end. I’m gonna find a new one and test it out.

1 Like

Awesome, I’ll look into that one! Thank you both :blush:

What I often do is look at Amazon reviews. Here is the newest 5.0 TP Link device.

4.5 stars with 1780 reviews. Plus a lot of good reviews.

I have had good luck with TP Link switches and routers. If I remember correctly, @ricklinux has also had good luck with TP Link products.

Pudge
It just dawned on me. If your bluetooth device is 6 years old. I wonder what version of Bluetooth it is. The newest is 5.0 I wonder if your device is 3.0 ? Or at least 4.0
Maybe the newest Bluetooth drivers aren’t 100 % backwards compatible?

Sweet, thank you for looking into it! Mine seems to be USB 4.0. I don’t know enough to be able to tell if there are compatibility issues.

What’s strange is that it works great for some period of time and then stops. That makes me think it works, but messes up after a while. No clue if it’s hardware or software that’s causing it to disconnect, but hopefully a new adapter sorts it out!

If device is eol it could be exactly happen like you see… it works first and after a while it is getting warm/hot and stops working properly … material softening

Panda-PBU40-Bluetooth-4.0-USB-Nano-Adapter

They say devices are Linux compatible… but not easy to get … i wanted one for a long time but never find one to buy to Germany

Very interesting, I ended up buying a new one and have been using it for the past 2-3 days. Everything is working smoothly now, so it was definitely a hardware issue of some kind.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.