Bluetooth completely dies at every sleep cycle

Hello, everyone. I’m having bluetooth issues, as the title says. I’m using Bluedevil on KDE (I know I asked for help with a gnome install some days ago but turns out I dislike gnome 41, so I came back to KDE haha) and I suspect Bluedevil is to blame for my issue, but I’m not sure. Please help me sanity check this:

What happens is: as long as Bluedevil launches I can connect my keyboard via bluetooth with no problem whatsoever, but as soon as I suspend/reboot it stops working completely. If I reinstall it and reboot, then it starts working again.

When setting things up, I did the standard procedure as root

pacman -S bluez bluez-utils bluedevil

and then

systemctl start bluetooth

system enable bluetooth

reboot, and everything works like I said, until I suspend/reboot.

When BT and bluedevil are not working, bluetoothctl (again as root) gives me the good old

bluetoothctl

Agent registered

[bluetooth] #power on

no default controller available

Reading about it on the wiki, I found out about rfkill blocking BT, but what I get from it is

ID TYPE      DEVICE      SOFT      HARD
 1 bluetooth hci0   unblocked unblocked

And of course, systemctl status bluetooth gives me

bluetooth.service - Bluetooth service
     Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/bluetooth.service; enabled; vendor p>
     Active: active (running) since Wed 2021-12-22 12:00:38 -03; 11h ago
       Docs: man:bluetoothd(8)
   Main PID: 767 (bluetoothd)
      Tasks: 1 (limit: 19117)
     Memory: 3.2M
        CPU: 1.668s
     CGroup: /system.slice/bluetooth.service
             └─767 /usr/lib/bluetooth/bluetoothd
bluetooth             749568  17 btrtl,btintel,btbcm,bnep,btusb,rfcomm
ecdh_generic           16384  1 bluetooth
rfkill                 32768  6 bluetooth
crc16                  16384  1 bluetooth

So I don’t know what is happening here. Again, I suspect bluedevil is messing things up. I obviously expect BT to turn off when I suspend but I need my keyboard to login, so I turn the keyboard’s BT when logging in, however I can’t understand it isn’t possible to just turn it on again (or why it isn’t turning itself on after a simple suspend).

Which bit of Bluetooth isn’t working here? Is it that you can’t use your Bluetooth keyboard to trigger a wake, or that the whole Bluetooth stack doesn’t reinitialise unless you reboot?

Is it that you can’t use your Bluetooth keyboard to trigger a wake, or that the whole Bluetooth stack doesn’t reinitialise unless you reboot?

The second. All Bluetooth options are completely unresponsive once I come back.