Beginner’s Guide to Setting Up and Using MPD

Also, by the way, even if after hours of watching youtube videos, reading generic articles aimed at minecraft players, highly technical stackexchange posts that aren’t related to your situation, you still can’t get port forwarding working, it might be your ISP doesn’t allow it and they’ve put you behind a thingamajig called a CGNAT or whatever (I speak from experience). You have 4 options here:

1. Call your ISP to give you a public IP
  2. Rent a VPS (that isn’t behind such restrictions), open ports on that and tunnel it’s traffic to your PC.
  3. Use something like ngrok
  4. Realise port forwarding isn’t all that, and there are finer things in life.

By the way @flyingcakes, did you move on from Strawberry because it couldn’t handle your large library, or was there another reason? Personally I have a small collection of music but I actually started out with mpd, because the first music player suggestion I came across was ymuse (because of this thread), which is a frontend to mpd and I just assumed all music players of linux ran this way. I was really happy to find strawberry.