Battery life is noticeably better with EndeavourOS

Hello… I’m loving EndeavourOS for many reasons (thanks to the developers and contributors for their hard work). Ive also noticed that the battery life of my laptop is much greater with EndeavourOS than it was with other distros - Manjaro/Solus/Ubuntu/Debian etc even with tlp installed. I’m not techy enough to fathom out why? Are there extra battery saving settings initiated in EndeavourOS by default to achieve this? I’m getting over 2hrs extra with EndeavourOS xfce… wizardry…magic ???

2 Likes

I think it has to do with the fact that Endeavour ships with just the bare essentials, there are no extra background processes running.

3 Likes

that is a significant power saving… On all the distros that Ive tried Ive installed the same progs when available, so they have been a constant. That is a real eye opener as a user… makes me want to load those OS’s again and find out what the services are… I’ll be blunt… I havent missed the “background services” with EndeavourOS as it has all worked perfectly for me… and I have appreciated the more efficient power consumption more.
Continued strength to the team…!

3 Likes

Yea we continue to implement simple and minimal solutions into settings and installed packages by listening to the community .
So we do not pack everything may be needed and start only with essentially needed stuff.

2 Likes

In my recent experience battery is good with Endeavour. It is good with Solus too. Not so good with Manjaro and horrible with Ubundu Budgie. Just to mention a few systems!

2 Likes