Bad News for Apple Silicon

… but there is also good news: “… exploiting this vulnerability isn’t that easy to do”

7 Likes

Fortunately though, exploiting this vulnerability is fairly difficult for an attacker as doing so can take a considerable amount of time.

According to the article you just need to install a maliciuous app (which has no admin rights at runtime) an let it run 1-10 hours.
Those are some serious drawbacks for the attacker. :laughing:

All these hardware attacks are seriously messed up. It is just another insentive to obsolete a decent hardware far too early.

1 Like

:grinning: quote=“vlkon, post:2, topic:52981”]
All these hardware attacks are seriously messed up. It is just another insentive to obsolete a decent hardware far too early.
[/quote]

it’s worrying as well. hardware is the new attack vector. still almost impossible to find or detect. hardware manufacturers haven’t stepped up to the plate yet imo (apple makes their own hw as we all know) because the exploit surface keeps getting bigger.

I believe 'em when they say it’s going to take a while.
PS—for conspiracy lovers, the last sentence of your reply could also imply a bit of corporate espionage…:slight_smile: ie early obsolescence

1 Like

“You’re without doubt the worst vulnerability I’ve ever heard of” - “Well, but you HAVE heard about me!” :pirate_flag:

1 Like

And to think. I was just about to buy one.

Oh well - I guess I’ll just stick to my Thinkpad.

1 Like

Well, this sucks for Mac users. I am not one of them and I wish (wish because I will eventually be forced to I think) to never be one.

I will say that the attack doesn’t seem likely unless the user is a moron.