Auto Luks Mount (maybe without header+offset) with btrfs ZSTD:10 compression

Hi,

I am using xfce with external usb hdd for data encrypted with luks formatted with btrfs.

I would like to:

1. Auto mount the luks usb disk without repeating password/keyfile entry.

2. Mount btrfs volume within with high compression (zstd:10).

3. Once above works, then figure out how to auto-mount luks at (1) from an offset without headers, so its a hidden volume within the luks partition.

I originally thought I would need a keyfile for (1) to work, but it seems Thunar in EndeavourOS remembers the luks password forever. This is great as Manjaro Thunar forgets the password each time.

Now, I simply plugin my USB and it automounts the USB + auto enters the password for luks to open.

Does anyone have an idea on how to do (2) for now…

Then (3) in the future?

Many thanks

I managed to create a hidden luks volume B inside recognisable luks partition A on usb disk, using this excellent guide.

https://securedmind.com/blog/2017-12-luks-hidden-volume-with-plausible-deniability/

When I plug in the usb disk, thunar auto mounts volume A.

Does anyone know how it does this, and how I can switch it to mount volume B + feed it the hidden header which is not on the usb disk?

This would achieve (3) above, although (2) still not done yet and (1) needs to now be stopped.

Thanks

Slight problem on as (1) has stopped working.

I opened hidden luks volume B (manually supplying password) and thunar auto-mounted.

I think the auto-mount is actually happening with org.freedesktop.UDisks2.Filesystem as I saw a message to that effect, rather than Thunar.

Regardless, it properly showed the hidden luks volume B in Thunar.

Now whenever I put the same usb in, it fails to auto decrypt normal luks volume A (like it used to), or the hidden luks volume B.

I think there must be a record kept somewhere by org.freedesktop.UDisks2.Filesystem which is creating a conflict between the 2 luks volumes, but not sure where or how to resolve it.

In short, now i’ve lost function (1) in addition to being no closer to get the rest sorted.

Any ideas please?

thanks