Audio is broken somewhat

When I updated 2 weeks ago, audio stopped working on my computer after awhile. Videos on my computer and websites would not work unless I muted it? When I update audio starts to work again temporary. When I’m on a discord call with someone audio completely works fine again.

I’m not sure if I have any packages conflicting or something.

I use a 11th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i5-1140, and a GeForce GTX 1660. I’ll happily provide more info if needed.

I reinstalled a few weeks - also using a 1660 - and my audio skips a beat every so often, which never happened with my 1070. This is most prominent when watching videos.

Are you seeing any wireplumber/pipewire errors?

How would I check? For pipewire.

Good question. I just checked the (2) pipewire user sockets and they say basically nothing. Hopefully someone else can add more knowledge to this conversation. I only chimed in because of the GPU being the same.

Now, the only other thing I’ve done different than my last install was I went back to a dual-boot with Windows 11. On that system, sound is flawless.

@GLaDOS ,

Is your issue listed in this Section ?

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Advanced_Linux_Sound_Architecture/Troubleshooting#top-page

Sound is playing properly from speaker-test, though I am still stumped om how to get it working correctly everywhere else.