ASUS PCE-AC88 Wireless Adapter Not Working

It worked! :smiley: it loaded now! I guess that means the issue is solved.
Thanks ricklinux! :smiley:
I guess it will work just fine now.
THANK YOU! :nerd_face:

2 Likes

This is awesome! :smile:

Archwiki say:

brcm80211

The kernel contains two built-in open-source drivers: brcmfmac for native FullMAC and brcmsmac for mac80211-based SoftMAC.

so if in your case brcmfmac is the one working good you can remove broadcom-wl also
sudo pacman -R broadcom-wl-dkms
so wl driver is removed and will not interrupt anymore…

Done! :smiley:
Thank You! joekamprad and Thank You! @ricklinux, I learned some new stuff thanks to you! :smiley:

Just for the record, in case someone else needs this in the future, I only had to comment out the line that had the “brcmfmac” in the file located in /usr/lib/modprobe.d/ (search for a file there, one has the driver blacklisted) but probably just removing the driver as joekamprad suggested may do the trick, just use:

I say this because I looked for the file there (/usr/lib/modprobe.d/) again once I unistalled the broadcom driver, but seems it got removed once I uninstalled the broadcom driver, that makes me think that that’s all you may need to do in order for the brcmfmac driver to be able to be loaded, as there won’t be a file blacklisting the driver anymore.

Cheers! :metal::+1:

2 Likes

Great to help on getting this work!
Will be good for anyone with such hardware, and good to know that broadcom packages can be the culprit here

I think the default file gets put into /etc/modprob.d from the /usr/lib/modprobe.d but because the broadcom was installed it most likely blacklisted the brcmfmac module because they would be in conflict. Broadcom is installed from the live installer. So most likely as you say removing the broadcom should let the brcmfmac load properly. I’m glad you got it working and hope you are enjoying EndeavourOS!

2 Likes

I made an account here just to thank everyone involved here! I also have an ASUS PCE-AC88 that wasn’t working and the instructions here helped me through it. It’s weird that it works out of the box with some distros, but not with most of them.

1 Like

Welcome to the EndeavourOS forum. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Thank you for the feedback.

Pudge