Are other desktop environments prethemed like xfce

Im looking forward to installing endeavour os, but i have a question i dont like xfce much, i like KDE but will it come prethemed like xfce?

Also is there any offline iso available for other environments?

No.

Xfce is EnOS’ flagship desktop environment and as such comes pre -configured/-themed.
You will get only Vanilla “editions” of the other DE:s when you choose the online installation.

:bouquet: welcome to EnOS’ forum

3 Likes

Welcome! @pebcak covered everything. There’s one .iso - all DE’s and the only offline option is xfce, everything else comes with a wallpaper and no other theming. We keep it minimal here, it’s your computer - your way.

3 Likes

ok then ill just install xfce

That’s an odd choice if you don’t like xfce. . .

If you’re not installing KDE because of internet restrictions - just be aware that once you install xfce offline - you will likely have a huge update that probably won’t be a whole lot less than if you installed KDE online anyway. The offline xfce doesn’t come with any more or less software - it’s ONLY themed, so you’ll still need to download whatever programs you intend to use, which also won’t save you MB’s. . . . Just fair warning.

1 Like

You could theme up your KDE exactly as you want.

I guess what you need is endeavouros-theming package and then do it “manually” through the settings of your DE.

$ pacman -Ss endeavouros-theming 
endeavouros/endeavouros-theming 6.5-1
    Default EndeavourOS background images and icons for all different DE
1 Like

I have speculated that this might make for a ‘community edition’ project in the future… that some experts in the other DEs might develop EnOS theming settings as starting points for further customization - and then they should be ‘quick installable’. I wonder if any of those experts out there are interested (Share your desktop suggests there might be).

I am afraid I can’t help there - I have happily imbibed the XFCE KoolAid :grin:

1 Like

Except for i3wm, but its not your normal DE, its a tiling window manager.

I suppose that is true.

But i3. . . doesn’t really have anything if you don’t theme it. It’s not a DE - It’s just a template.

1 Like

Yes, but on the live iso they have the eos theme click box which makes the polybar and keybindings themed plus a couple of settings like gaps, and installs a couple of neat packages. Vanilla i3 is quite barebone but fun to configure if you are into it.

Even for me, that’s kind of a sadistic. That’s wayyyy too much effort for me anymore, I surely wouldn’t call it “fun.” hahahaha

If you have an hour to spare you can watch and follow along with this video (this guy has a funny talking style :grin:)

It will still be minimal but you will have built sort of your own DE. Its not everyones cup of tea, for sure.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.