[Archlinux] Python 3.8 upgrade on testing

Hello.

Today, a lot of updates related to python 3.8 landed on testing. I tried on an EndeavourOS in VM… And on a fresh EndeavourOS install? Something like 12 or 13 python 3.8 related packages…

VirtualBox_EndeavourOS%20-%20build_10_11_2019_19_43_55 VirtualBox_EndeavourOS%20-%20build_10_11_2019_19_44_22

Huge updates incoming !

3 Likes

I must have got all these? I just keep rolling! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It’s not Rolling Stones, it’s Rolling Release ! :guitar:

1 Like

A serious question?

You install all updates. If you have enabled testing, you should also know why and how it works.

I just want to add this: for Archlinux, I’m kinda mad about using testing repositories… 10 years of Archlinux, 9 years, 11 months and 15 days (or so) with testing repositories enabled…

Mad or insane? :smiling_imp::joy:

Most of us don’t know everything and it wasn’t really a question. I know little in the grand scheme of things. It was just a comment. It was like Hmm? I wonder if i got these because he said he was testing it on vm. If i don’t have the testing repo i guess i didn’t. It was a joke I just keep rolling! “Rolling Release” :smile:

upgrading alone of those packages would not help much , its also a difference if you upgrading the python and then using calamares to install someting :slight_smile: since its also party python :slight_smile: t