Arch Linux/Neofetch x2?

Try commenting out the one line in ~/.bashrc

Sorry, I may not have been clear. I don’t think the issue is the /etc/profile but that ~/.bashrc is explicitly sourcing the /etc/profile

Is that also the case for you?

Oh, I didn’t notice that.

No, I don’t have it

Oh i removed it from my bash.bashrc, thats why its not there anymore. :grin:

Heres my /etc/profile.d/ps1.sh

#!/bin/bash
clrreset=‘\e[0m’
clrwhite=‘\e[1;37m’
clrgreen=‘\e[1;32m’
clrred=‘\e[1;31m’
export PS1=“[$clrwhite]$USER:\w `if [ $? = 0 ]; then echo -e ‘[$clrgreen]’; else echo -e ‘[$clrred]’; fi`\$ [$clrreset]”

Yep, I was able to reproduce it sourcing /etc/profile in my ~/.bashrc and calling neofetch once in my /etc/bash.bashrc

2 Likes

DId you try removing the source /etc/profile from your ~/.bashrc?

1 Like

Yep that worked! Sweet thanks to Tasia91, dalto, freebird54 and everyone else for helping! Much appreciated! :+1:t3: :grin:

2 Likes

Hi…i am also facing an issue.I’m unable to run neofetch.When I hit enter on the command the terminal clears itself but doesn’t output anything.I’m able to run neofetch by specifying it to use a config location which does not exist. I’ve tried renaming my config and letting neofetch to create a new one when the command is run but it still fails to output even with the freshly generated one.

Welcome to the forum, @AdeyGraunt. I don’t use neofetch, but it sounds like the problem is in the config since it is able to run without it… You may want to open a new thread about your issue, with your config and all the errors you can find (maybe launching neofetch with the -v or -vv options will provide more information).

You can also try to look through its github repo for similar issues:

1 Like