AM4 5800x3D

Hm… AM4 last breath

ASUS BIOS already released, is this a sign that this CPU is near to be launched?

This is the 17th UEFI bios update for this board. Not sure what you are asking? This is typical. I have had near the same on my MSI x570 board.

This is the 1st sign I see that 5800x3D release should be soon.

One month ago more or less, I don’t remember where I watched it, but they were saying that 5800x3D would be released in September only, so, why BIOS update now?
I suppose we should be seeing this CPU on the shelves until June or earlier…

April 20 i think is the release date but I’m sure it will be some time before you see it.

Indeed… This is not for me, can’t buy anything now, my city was flooded, too much rain, a disaster… :frowning:
Even if I was in a good situation, I wouldn’t be buying it, but I’m curious about it, how is going to perform, is really going to be the king and leave 12900k in the dust?

It may not have overclocking but that may not matter. I’ve never been into overclocking and all my CPU are unlocked versions in AMD and Intel.

Edit: Well have to wait for some benchmarks and test reports from Phoronix or something.

Me too, I usually just leave at the default settings, just enable DOCP (XMP)…
I don’t like the idea of things getting hotter and decreasing the life span …

Lets wait, AMD really pushed some buttons with that AM4, almost 6 years with one socket…

I thought the new AMD processors were going to have a new socket design?

Yes, but not the 5800x3D, this will be released for AM4…
AM5 will be later this year, they will change a lot of things, PCI-E 5.0, DDR5, USB 4.0, lots of stuff

I didn’t realize they would put out another cpu that fit the AM4 at this stage.

Edit: For me i would wait until the AM5

Its crazy… I came from Intel, so I’m used to see a new chipset every two years, sometimes one year…
AM4 is a really nice achievement… Less electronic waste and etc…

1 Like