AKM app seems does nothing

Hi, I installed EndeavourOS AKM app to see available kernels, I installed main kernel 6.7 and I wanna uninstall stable arch kernel 6.6.2 using AKM so I unchecked 6.6.2 kernel on the app but it does nothing. I’m on grun2 and not on systemd-boot.
AKM is working and I don’t understand ad it works or is deprecated?
Thanks

Akm is not deprecated.
Note that it is only a GUI (wrapper) for managing kernels with pacman.
So you can uninstall also with pacman (or yay) on the command line, e.g.

sudo pacman -R linux linux-headers

It should see your official kernels (i.e. kernels that are provided in the Arch repos).
When you unselect a kernel (and its header), press Execute which should open a new terminal window that asks for the sudo password.

By the way, is sudo working for your account?

I previously use AKM some years ago and it was working, now I know what’s the issue, I was not able to see Execute on AKM, probably because I’m on Wayland. There is not a Execute to click. on the image below this is the end of the AKM windows and unable to go lower down, no Execute to press

Which DE are you using? I am running Plasma on Wayland and I can see the entire window, including the buttons below.

The screenshot definitely shows KDE Plasma (…unless some other DE is heavily themed to look exactly like Plasma which would be quite weird)

Is KDE Wayland, the issue is that I use a 120% scale for my hd screen and in this case button are not showed (i try to move the window but it is not moved enough to show buttons)
Setting monitor to 100% I can see buttons

120% zoom scale is a common setting so probably there is something to do with AKM app to solve this little issue and his window able to be seen at 120%
Thanks

Thx for looking further into it. If @manuel is able to fix this, we surely will update AKM and perhaps the other EOS apps.

I didn’t click on the image, I was just having my first coffee whilst reading this, you know being human :wink:

How and what exactly did you scale?
With this info I can try to reproduce it here and debug.

Just go to the Plasma settings menu and select displays. In there, you can scale up. I also could reproduce it on Wayland.

I did that, on plasma/wayland/nvidia and it was OK…

Edit: the same with Intel graphics… all OK.

Edit2: on Intel GPU the firefox window froze, then settings scale back to 100% it started to work again.
I’m starting to think the problem is in wayland…

1 Like

As Bryanpwo said on plasma setting - displays- I set scale to 120% , if I set it at 100% everything is ok but at 120% I can’t manage AKM window or move it to see the buttons
The issue is present in wayland session only because I try X11 session and everything is ok even at 118,5% (on X11 scale is 6,5% step, on wayland scale is 5% step)

My laptop is that with integrated video card Intel Iris Xe graphic:
Operating System: EndeavourOS
KDE Plasma Version: 5.27.9
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.112.0
Qt Version: 5.15.11
Kernel Version: 6.7.0-rc2-1-mainline (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: Wayland
Processors: 8 × 11th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz
Memory: 7.5 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: Mesa Intel® Xe Graphics
Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
Product Name: Latitude 3420

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.