2 Likes

For example:

2 Likes

AhHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa

1 Like

An easy task for you:
Who owns ā€œBusiness Insiderā€?

Thatā€™s a fair statement. :wink:

Pixel 7 comes with a cough and snort detection feature. I wonder if TeslaPhone would have this as well. Would be a dealbreaker for me otherwise.

:face_with_thermometer: :sneezing_face:

1 Like

An easy task for you - click on all the hyperlinks in the article that link to a range of different sources that are not owned by Axel Springer.

An easy task for meā€¦

HONK-HONK!!!111

honka_animated-128px-9

4 Likes

:rofl: Not as easy by far! Not even a fart close! :rofl:

Then rest easy in the comfort of your prejudices.

@everyone Goodnight all :sleeping:

1 Like

Do you know anything of Axel Springer?

Check out this one.

Good night to you, too! :wink:

On how many heads are the American corporate news media distributed? Escapes me. Was it two, or three of them billionaires? Sorry, I forgot.

Donā€™t forget to ask yourself, who owns these.

And yes, the number of the beast (666) on top of the list just seems casually unintendedā€¦ :laughing:

Yes.

You could also have linked to this other article at Foreign Policy. Of course, FP is owned by The Slate Group corporation, so should I trust this particular American corporate news media? :wink:

I live in a country where in every Europe wide survey in recent years trust in its newspapers has received the lowest or near lowest country score. One of these newspapers has the most visited English-language newspaper website, and Wikipedia has determined that it is generally unreliable, and its use as a reference is to be generally prohibited.

I am very used to reading news articles from corporate media with a high degree of scepticism, and searching for additional information to verify any claims made in such articles.

Let me give you an example of my approach. Someone on the internet has posted a graphic that purports to show a high concentration of media ownership. The graphic does not include Axel Springer SE which they had earlier cited as an example of corporate media not to be trusted, and they also wibble on about the number of the beast. Not the most promising material, I think youā€™ll agree :wink:

But examining the graphic closely I spot a reference to a ā€œfull list of sourcesā€ and a website link. Of course, this is not a link you can just click on, but one you have to type yourself into your address bar. Given that some people are too lazy to click on links, this isnā€™t too promising either :wink:

Going to the website http://bit.ly/WhoOwnsNews opens a Google Sheet which is a table with details of media companies and the newspapers/websites they own. A lot of the information in the table is already known to me, and links to sources of the information are also included. The links are not clickable, so that would exclude lazy people :wink: but copying and pasting them into a browser tab opens them, and the information on these websites backs up the information in the spreadsheet. Finally, I cross reference some of the individual and company names with the spreadsheet. While I havenā€™t checked every piece of information, Iā€™m satisfied that the graphic is accurate, despite its dodgy source :wink:

The reason I chose to link to this article was that despite my ever-present scepticism about the corporate owner of the website, it provided a good summary of information Iā€™d already seen (and in some cases previously verified to my satisfaction), and, most importantly, backed up its reporting with links to a wide range of other sources, including primary sources.

I wonder why :thinking:

Thanks, buddie!
Not meaning to engage in further ā€œpoliticalsā€ here, I agree with most of what you wrote. Letā€™s just leave it at that. (If not there wonā€™t be an end to this discussion, I surmise.)

:wink:

I just learned about a new privacy respecting phone:

:desert_island:

We have enough phones. I donā€™t care for Tesla canā€™t stand Twitter and Elon Musk is not a genius. He has a lot of smart people working for his companies. He himself is just a mouthpiece. Tired of hearing about freedom of speech garbage. Everyone has the ability to think what ever they want. No one else needs to be subjected to their views & opinions because they think they have the right to tell everyone. Twitter can go away as well as Facebook for all i care. Tesla Phone ā€¦ no thanks. I canā€™t stand social media platforms and this is not what i want in the internet, computer or phone. Iā€™d rather Endeavour! :rofl:

5 Likes

Me too, so Google and Youtube may go to hell, just as well (FB, Twitter, Telegram and the like, of course)!
No. Wait a minuteā€¦ I forgot Amazon, Netflix, and Steam. Yes!
And while weā€™re at it. Microsoft. Intel. Of courseā€¦ you get the idea.

:wink:

1 Like

Now youā€™re just being silly. :wink:

You accuse me? Why do you think I could mirror your ā€œsillyā€ remark for lack of a better word? - Not meaning to accuse youā€¦

But how about Twitter 2.0, Eveything App?

Imagine a TeslaPhone with an Everything App! Whatā€™s not to like?
Hopefully it will have a full ā€œSelf-Drivingā€ feature enabled by default.
I would gladly let my life to be steered remotely according to the decrees of The Sire :wink:

After all, the future of the civilization is at stake here!