A new introduction

Some of you might know me, this is a kind of re-introduction. In may I decided to say farewell to EndeavourOS, since I had a couple of issues. I thought that ARCH based distros were not my thing and I gave up and went back to Debian based distros. I requested deleting of my forum account here.

And now, 2 months later, I am back, with a new registered account, a some kind of second chance, and this time I think I won’t request deleting my forum account if I say farewell again.

With Debian I faced issues too, I was not really impressed the new way Ubuntu went, and not satisfied with Linux Mint 20, and trying out MX Linux gave also some issues. When I counted them, I might have had more issues than I had with EndeavourOS.

I am just a person who can be very critical, sorry about that. :slightly_smiling_face:

16 Likes

welcome back :smiley:

1 Like

I know what you mean - to some extent. Arch seems like extra work to get it right - but it seems to be more right when you have done so! I recently dumped MX off my main system because of bizarre issues (with Plank!) and the directions the other are going is a bit off-putting in some cases. Anyway -

Welcome back - and keep the bridges up! :grin:

1 Like

Welcome back @MiVo, you’re still welcome here as you might’ve noticed. :wink:

3 Likes

When issues are seen as a gift to learn, critical becomes an help !

Welcome back @MiVo to stick with us then thank you for letting EndeavourOS a second chance and for your honesty. :enos:

1 Like

Great to have you back here! :smile:

I don’t remember whether you asked here about the EndeavourOS issues, but all I can say is:
please don’t hesitate to ask!
There are so many great experts here that practically all questions will get useful answers. And remember, we all are learning along the way!
:vulcan_salute:

5 Likes

Your always welcome :slight_smile:
if you go further, just hang on and be patient :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome back. I have been using various GNU/Linux distributions for the past twelve years. Having tried over twenty of them, I have determined that, at least for me, EndeavourOS is the best.

It is my opinion that there is NO - repeat NO - computer operating system - NONE - which is “best” for all people. Some people will like one, others will like another, and there are some people who will not like any of them!

I think that those people in the last group are people who either refuse to learn or are incapable of learning how to use a computer. Certainly they can get their e-mails and they can buy things online but they either can’t or don’t want to actually use their computers.

Thus, when they run into a problem (and we ALL will from time to time), they blame the machine or operating system rather than their own lack of knowledge,

I myself “suffer” from an extreme lack of knowledge about computers but I do want to learn, at least about those things which directly impact me.

I have found that this forum is by far the best one I have experienced. I have asked many questions and have always received polite and helpful answers. That is one (only one) of the reasons that I find EOS to be the best distro for me. (Another reason I like EOS above all others is that EVERYTHING that I want or need to do on a computer works perfectly with this distro, something I could not say about any other one I had tried.)

I hope that you will find that my reasons for liking EOS are similar to what you want from a computer.

If so, I think that you will enjoy using EOS as much as I do.

Lawrence

3 Likes

@MiVo,

ComplicatedWildKitten-small