A Manjaro refugee, part duex

Seems like I’m not the only one who has moved on from Manjaro.
While I don’t harbor ill feelings to the project, the forums left a serious bad taste in my mouth.

I’ve lurked here for a bit, and I like what i see and read.
Wiped Manjaro and installed EOS. Fast and efficient.
Got everything setup the way i wanted, even checked the forums here when I got stuck.

Anyway, I wanted to say hey!
Looking forward to looking through the forums that interest me.

26 Likes

Welcome to the community! :smile:

2 Likes

Welcome to the fun :partying_face: :tada: :balloon:

2 Likes

Welcome!
Well, you already are familiar with the irks of Arch base, the difference is the colour on top and the community here.
And not to toot our horn, but here one is at ease.
Ask away and for sure one will NOT be answered: “RTFM”, “Try harder”,“Noob”.
No sir, even the best Linux elitist users were beginners once. Let’s not forget that. And by answers, we all benefit here.
So welcome!

10 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

1 Like

Welcome! Glad you found your way here to EOS. :grinning:

1 Like

Welcome to this great distro and community

1 Like

Welcome @Transitman50 :bus:

1 Like

Welcome to the spaceship! :rocket:
Certainly you’re not alone in that bus :sweat_smile:

Have fun! :partying_face:

3 Likes

EXACTLY the same with me! :smile: After having Manjaro for some time I noticed I’m more the vanilla-kinda-guy, so I gave EOS a try. And I think I may have found my final destination :wink:

Cheers!
Tim

8 Likes

Projects change focus as they develop and over time what was once our comfy spot can start to feel less so. No need to be down on that but just recognize that as you grow and change over time so will your desire to find that comfy spot again. Nothing to feel bad about just get up and go looking again for what fits you. If pc bsd we’re still a thing I’d be there right now but it’s a ship that has sailed and sails no more.

3 Likes

welcome !

2 Likes

Uh…RTFM? What is that

Gobble gobble

Welcome!!! :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

1 Like

There you go :wink: :rofl: 55555555

https://wiki.archlinux.org/

:pray: i no help myself :blush:

2 Likes

RTFM read the fracking manual. Just replace fracking.
See?

4 Likes

Welcome to the party :beers:

2 Likes

Welcome!

1 Like

I experienced some issues on the Manjaro forum as well but also problems after the large updates. It’s still a great distro but things have gone better with Endeavour.

Also, once I saw that @dalto was on these forums, I knew I was in the right place!

7 Likes