A lot to learn, but this os is amazing

10-year linux user that comes from ubuntu and solus.

I always thought that running arch was not for me as it was too advanced and I did not have the time to search for all the answers.

Installed Endeavour yesterday and all hardware was recognized out of the box. Suspend worked perfectly. Updating is a breeze and I was able to install a gui package manager to put what I need on my System 76 laptop. Setup was simple.

Still learning the arch commands. Like I said, a lot to learn. The difference is that now it seems like Endeavour has provided an arch that’s possible for me to learn and the support through a great forum to make the learning curve a manageable one.

Thank you, devs. Amazing os!

23 Likes

Yes, yes it is.

1 Like

Welcome to Endeavour OS! :wave: :partying_face:

Same here. EnOS turned out to be easier and more welcoming than what I had thought of. The devs have done a great job.

Hope you enjoy your stay here!

1 Like

Welcome @jmartin

1 Like

Welcome to the fun :partying_face: :tada: :balloon:

1 Like

Welcome :wave:!

Welcome!
:speech_balloon:
:penguin:

1 Like

Good to have you with us, welcome!

While I installed Arch a couple of times “bare bones”, I chose EOS because I far prefer the more cohesive nature of the distro, and takes away a lot of the elitism. It’s a tool, and the right tool for the right job is always a good place to start.

EOS fit my needs and had the flexibility needed, it’s a fantastic distro. I donate a little for every install I do by way of a thank you, - every little bit counts! Something to consider if you can afford it :slight_smile:

Welcome to Purple side of Arch :blush: it a learn curve but EOS community always help + friendly point in right direction to fix problems ( if any ) :wink: Enjoy your Arch journey

1 Like

Welcome aboard, @jmartin . Fasten your seatbelt & enjoy exloring the new experience. :clap:

1 Like

Welcome aboard!

1 Like

Welcome to the community :beers:

1 Like